Saturday, August 11, 2012

Eco-Emi Large Bonus Box

Eco-Emi recently listed the Large Bonus Boxes as up for grabs on the Facebook fan page, so I took advantage of the offer.  Eco-Emi offers a box full of leftover products from previous boxes and sells them every now and then in bonus boxes.  They also offer full leftover boxes from time to time, and recently they sold some leftover May boxes.  However, this bonus box was much different than ones previously sold - instead of the usual contents and price tag (about 10-12 products for $15), this box would contain 30-40 products for $29.99.  I am a monthly subscriber but I figured I might snatch this up as an opportunity to get some good stuff for a great deal.

Also a quick note about bonus boxes: not all boxes are the same.  They are a compilation of leftover products from previous months, so there is discrepancy in what I receive versus another customer.  And hey, that's what makes bonus boxes so much fun!

Jump to the cut to see photos and a list of the oodles of goodies I received!


Products in the Large Bonus Box:


  • Beanitos Pinto Bean & Flax Chips
    • I went ahead and just ate these.  They were a peculiar taste, not something I would expect from a chip.  But I just couldn't stop eating them.  These chips actually did fill me up and tasted good.
  • Genesis Today Acai Vitamin Super Chews
    • I received these in my August (I think) Eco-Emi box last year, and I passed them on to my roommate and she loved them.  So even with braces, I'm going to dive into these and have them all for myself!
  • Yogi Raspberry Passion Perfect Energy tea & Soothing Caramel Tea
    • This was an item from the July 2012 box. I still have my sample from the previous box & have yet to try.  I need that soothing caramel tea right now, it's almost 2AM!
  • Mighty Leaf Calypso Mango Iced Tea
    • This was an item from the June 2012 box. I still have my sample from the previous box & have yet to try. It will probably taste best as a summer tea, so maybe now I'll make some!
  • Catalyst Gourmet Enchanting Chai Catalyst Gourmet Enhancer, Enchanting Chai Bites of Bliss Spiced Chocolate Bark, Enchanting Chai Gourmet Finishing Sugar
    • This was an item from a previous 2012 box.  I still have my sample from the previous box & have yet to try.  I can't say that I am a fan of chai due to my lack of consumption of it in general, but I will try these out.
  • Natural Vitality Organic Life Vitamins dietary supplement
    • This was from a previous 2012 box.  I still have my sample from the previous box & have yet to try.  Not exactly sure if you down this in one go, but I will give it a shot.
  • Natural Vitality Energy Whole-food Energizer dietary supplement
    • I need energy on a daily basis haha. I am always curious as to the effects these kinds of products have on the body.  This was from a previous 2012 box.  I still have my sample from the previous box & have yet to try.
  • Natural Vitality Natural Calm Plus Calcium dietary supplement (2 packets)
    • This was an item from the July 2012 box.  I still have my sample from the previous box & have yet to try.  I'm not exactly keen on dietary supplements, especially since I don't work out, but I might hold onto these for when I go back to school (I'll be taking full advantage of our gym).
  • Tea Gschwendner Acerola Fruit Tea & Marani Green Tea
    • This was from a previous 2012 box.  I still have my sample from the previous box & have yet to try. I think it was really awesome that the company sends along the tea bags to put the loose tea in.  I would be so clueless as to how I'm supposed to steep tea with no tea bag (not a tea expert or drinker, sorry!)

  • Mate Factor Fresh Yerba Mate Tropical Lime tea
    • I still have my sample from a previous box & have yet to try.  Not sure how lime tea is going to taste.
  • Beelux Pineapple & Mangosteen organic beeswax and coconut oil candle
    • This was a really great item from a previous box, and I'm happy to see another one has come my way!  It has a really juicy pineapple scent to it which blends seamlessly with the mango. Perfect for the summer months.
  • Madhava Organic Agave Nectar & Organic Coconut Sugar (2 packets)
    • I was so excited when I saw these two packets again - I just recently discovered agave nectar and its use as a sweetener replacement.  This was from the July 2012 box, and I still have my samples from that box.  I can't wait to try these out in everything!
  • Vitacare Multicare Toothpaste in Cool Mint Freshness + Acai
    • I still have my tube of toothpaste from a previous box, so a backup is pretty cool to have on hand, especially for when I go back to school.  Now I don't have to buy toothpaste!
  • Aura Cacia Soothing Organic Milk & Oat Bath
    • I actually sent this to my sister when I received it before, and I always wonder if she used it...  I have needed products for relaxation recently, so I will definitely get some use out of this.
  • Amazing Grass Amazing Meal Pomegranate Mango Infusion
    • I'm just going to say this now: this stuff is DISGUSTING.  I added about 1/4 to 1/3 of the pouch to a fruit smoothie one day, hoping it wouldn't be too overpowering or clashing in taste.  In the end, this was all my smoothie tasted like, and it had a really nasty powdery consistency because of it as well.  My smoothie (strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, baby spinach, orange juice, blueberries) immediately went down the drain.  No me gusta with this at all!
  • Wholesome Sweetners Organic Fair Trade Raw Honey
    • I still have my little jar of this from a previous box, but now I won't have to worry about rationing it too seriously.  I am really trying to switch over to organic and more natural foods wherever I can, and raw honey is a much appreciated item!

  • The All Natural Face Tangerine Lip Exfolient
    • I really liked using this.  It wasn't too abrasive or scratchy, and it had a pleasant citrus scent.  The taste is actually quite nasty, however (I try to brush my teeth right after because it is so unpleasant).  I know sugar scrubs can be handmade quite easily, but samples never hurt!
  • The Seaweed Bath Co. Wildly Natural Seaweed Argan Shampoo Unscented
  • The Seaweed Bath Co. Wildly Natural Seaweed Argan Conditioner Citrus Scent
    • I will finally give these two products a fair chance.  I am always afraid to try new hair products because my scalp is very finicky (see: psoriasis, oily scalp, etc).  And I usually wash my hair every 7-8 days, so when you add that up, it's only about 4-5 a month that hair products are being used on my head.  As long as it doesn't contain silicones or sulfates (which it doesn't - I double checked the ingredients on their website), I will give it a shot. 
  • Elbee's Garlic Rub
    • I still have a pouch of this from a previous box, but it's nice to have another on hand.  This will be great to try for dinner one night - my family LOVES garlic!
  • Barlean's Organic Oils Pomegranate Blueberry Total Omega Swirl
    • Still haven't tried this, but I heard it tastes good!
  • Biggs & Featherbelle Tequila Bar Soap (2 bar soap samples)
    • Okay, this is seriously the most exciting thing in the entire box.  I received the Polar Bar in my July 2012 box, so I went on Biggs & Featherbelle's website to read about their other soaps.  This one was actually on my shopping list!  It smells so delightful and citrusy, and I am really excited to use this!
  • Eco Lips Eco Tint in Rose Quartz
    • I have another EcoTint from a previous box, but I lucked out and didn't receive a duplicate color!  These are really smooth on the lips and just give a subtle hint of color on the lips.  Work appropriate and totally love!
  • Alabu Skin Care Baby Me Goat Milk Soap
    • I used this immediately when I received it before, and I really enjoyed it. It was gentle on the skin and I had no problems using it as my shaving soap.  I am quite delighted to see another bar to use!
  • Beeluxe Lip Balm in Chocolat
    • I'm trying to not open every single lip balm I receive in my Eco-Emi boxes, so now I have two unopened tubes of this.
  • Pyure Stevia Sweetner (10 sample pouches)
    • I don't use sweetners in anything, so I'm not quite sure where I can get some use out of these?
  • The Seaweed Bath Co. Wildly Natural Seaweed Body Cream  Lavender Scent (4 sample pouches)
    • After the July 2012 box, I have been on a real lavender kick and just want to smell like lavender all day!  Not only has The Seaweed Bath Co been in numerous boxes, they have sent along absolutely wonderful products and I don't think this will be any different!
  • Crystal Essence Mineral Deodorant Towelettes in Pomegranate
    • I seriously love these. I have tried rationing the ones I still have on hand because I haven't found anywhere local I can buy these.  Trying these towelettes the first time actually prompted me to purchase the salt crystal deodorant that I absolutely love.  Great company and great products!
  • Rainwater Botanicals Natural Deodorant in Jasmine Wind
    • The thought of scraping the deodorant out with the back of my nail sounds like a big hassle. And second, it's jasmine scented.  Not a fan of jasmine whatsoever!  Which is a bummer because I bet this would be a really great product.  I just can't get past the smell.
  • Shea Radiance Whipped Shea Butter in Kalahari Melon
    • This butter is so luxurious feeling on the skin and has a really great scent. I'm glad to see another sample I can use up!
  • Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques Golden Bronzer
    • I have really enjoyed the products I've seen in previous boxes from Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques, and this is no exception. I use this bronzer very often and to have a backup of it makes me happy!
-----

Overall, I think that if you aren't yet subscribed to Eco-Emi or you are still on the wait list, this is a great way to be able to try out the service and see if you will like the subscription.  Every box that I have received each month has been a great value for the money, and I've tried products that have become important in my daily life.  I also support Eco-Emi's ethics, along with the brands featured in the boxes every month.  Christine (founder of Eco-Emi) only sends products that she has personally tried and loved, and I will only share products that I have tried and love (and if I don't love it, I will be honest)!  This really has me tided over until August's box ships sometime later in the month.  The box was a great value, included tons of fantastic products, and stays true to Eco-Emi's vision.

Check out Eco-Emi's website!
Catch up on their activity on their Facebook page!


I purchased my Eco-Emi Large Bonus Box myself with my own money.  I am not affiliated with the owner nor with any of the brands mentioned.  These are always my 100% honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment