Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Etude House: Sweet Eye Cupcake REVIEW

#3 Peach & Honey
Review and swatches
에뛰드하우스 스위트아이컵케익 (Menu 3.달콜한꿀복숭아)

I recently ordered this eye shadow duo by Etude House from a seller on eBay.  I was really satisfied with the time of shipping (seriously, only a week and a few days all the way from South Korea? That's fast shipping!), the price of the product, quality of the product, and the friendliness of the seller.  I actually added this to my order of Shini Star lip balms to get a few extra samples shameless.

Continue reading on to see swatches and a quick review!


The tin is shaped like a cupcake - super cute!

What this is: An eye shadow duo by the Korean cosmetic company Etude House.

Price & Where to find: I paid $9.40 from cosmetic.love on eBay.  You can find this product where any Asian cosmetics are sold (sasa.com, prettyandcute.com, amazon.com, etc).

To be quite honesty, I was not expecting much from this eye shadow duo.  The usual complaints I read about Asian makeup (primarily Japanese eye shadows, but it's not exclusive to just those) is that there is too much glitter, not enough pigmentation.  My expectations were really low.  I thought the color combination would be perfect for an everyday look - not overpowering but just a nice flush of color on the lids.  This product did meet that!


I first photographed and swatched in artificial light with flash so you could see the slight sheerness of the product.  Swatched, both peach and honey have about the same amount of pigmentation - not overly sheer, but not the brightest colors out there.  They are a little bit shimmery and do have fallout when applied on the lids, but that can easily swept away.  Still a gorgeous duo.


Then the shadows were photographed in artificial light with no flash.  The previous swatches didn't quite capture the peachy-ness of peach (hence the name).  Honey isn't a bright yellow, but more a pale yellow with a slight creaminess.  I really enjoy both these shadows.

I have used both of them in a look before and the result was pleasant.  The eye shadow duo acts as a subtle everyday look.  It is very wearable and would be appropriate for work, school, or just running errands in town.  If you aren't looking for fantastic pigmentation and want something wearable, this should be your pick.

Packaging & ingredients:
(this wasn't exactly the easiest packaging to photograph haha)





I think the only complaint I would have for this product is that when applied to the lid, the colors kind of muddle together as the day goes on.  I got about 8 hours of wear out of it before the colors blended together into a 'meh' color.  Definitely needed a touch-up.  Otherwise, I have no complaints with this.

Overall, this was a very pleasant eye shadow duo, and I am glad I threw it in with my purchase! I wanted to order one of the other shades (namely #1 Banana and Chocolate) to add to my stash of 'wearable colors', but I'll be sure to place an order next time for it.  This product is small enough to throw in your purse or handbag and take along for a touch-up.  I do recommend it.

If you have tried this product before, let me know what you thought of it!  




I purchased this product myself.  My opinions are my own.

3 comments:

  1. omg >.< it looks so cute *-* very good review!
    i want to buy this product <3

    love
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!
      I hope you try it out! It's a really great product for every day :)

      Delete
  2. I love it
    nicefound.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete