Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Most recent hauls: Target & Korean cosmetics

I hauled some really good items recently that I would like to share with you all.  The first haul comes from Target, and the second is from a local Korean cosmetics shop in my town.  Follow the jump to see what goodies I got!



From Target

Nintendo Power May 2012 issue
Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Cherry
Ecotools Travel Kabuki brush
Burt's Bees Sensitive Eye Cream
Elf Liquid Eyeliner in 4210 Copper
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Extreme Wear nail color in 110 Green With Envy
Essie nail polish in Pink-a-Boo
Sally Hansen nail file
Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup in Light-Medium

I've read through the Nintendo Power already (and as unrelated to my blog as it seems, it really isn't!) and it's yet another great issue.  I'm a huge fan of NP magazine.  I think with my ridiculous love of video games, I should do more video game inspired makeup looks.

The lip shimmer is super gorgeous.  I also love the eye cream and nail polishes.  I have yet to test out my other new goodies but will definitely let you know how they go!


Korean Cosmetics


Naisture 15 Minutes: Mask Pack in Sweet Honey
Fil-lup Pearl Essence Mask
(진주에센스마스크)
Fil-lup Green Tea Essence Mask
(녹차에센스마스크)
Fil-lup Lemon Essence Mask
(레몬에센스마스크)
Shisem Premium Eyelash in SOS
(시샘속눈썹)
Shisem Mild&Smooth Touch eyelash in XNG
(시샘속눈썹)
Ardell Lash Grip Adhesive in Dark
Mud-Pack wash off
(황토팩)
Coreana Senite Pure Nokdu Peeling Gel
(세니떼퓨어녹두필링젤)
samples:
Shiseido Elixir Superieur Lifting Moisture Lotion & Emulsion
Shiseido the skincare 1>2>3 (cleansing foam, hydro-softener, moisturizer)


I must say I am very excited to start trying out some of my new cosmetics items, but I did want to make a comment about one item in particular: the lash glue.  I didn't think to read the ingredients when I bought it, but I've just glanced at it and am now legit scared! haha.  AND there is a discrepancy between the ingredients on the tube of glue and its box.

Ingredients on the box: Water (Aqua, Eau), Rubber Latex, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Fragrance (Parfum), Coumarin, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Formaldehyde, Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Ingredients on tube: Water, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Natural Rubber Latex, Perfume Compound, Formalin Solution, Ammonium Hydroxide. May also contain Iron Oxide.

Not only are the ingredients named differently and in a different order, the box says it contains formaldehyde???  I did some research and it's a common ingredient in lash adhesives to kill bacteria because they are water-based.  I'll try out the glue that came with my lashes and I'll give this a go, but I'm kind of scared haha. Any recommendations for a good lash glue?  Does anyone make a lash glue without formaldehyde?  Is it even possible?? haha

--

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this post!  There are plenty more to come :)  From these hauls you will definitely see the following either reviewed or featured in the future: elf eyeliner, Burt's Bees lip shimmer & eye cream, Revlon mineral foundation, Senite Peeling Gel, and the lashes!  Can you believe these are my first two pairs of false lashes ever? Neither can I.  I think I'll play with them for a look tomorrow... :)

I hope everyone has a lovely evening!  Thank you for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment