Sunday, February 26, 2012

Late LOTDs & NOTD!

I wanted to post these the actual days I wore the looks, but I never had time to do it :(  So I apologize.  The two looks I will be showing you guys today is Watermelon and Dreaming of Spring.  I've been playing around a lot more with my pigments and wanted to know what you guys think.

Watermelon

Products used:
The Body Shop extra virgin minerals creme foundation (105 rose ivory)
Too Faced shadow insurance
Shiro eye shadows: Farore's Wind, Because We Can
Wet 'n Wild mega liner (black)
Maybelline bouncy blush (40 pink plum)
Revlon lip butter (strawberry shortcake)

A word about this look: This was actually the look I was going to do for Valentine's Day, but I decided not to do it then because I went to the gym & worked out, and I really didn't want to remove makeup after only wearing it for 4 hours.  So I completed it a few days later and loved this combo!  It was inspired partly by a look the lovely Caitlin (Shiro's owner) posted to her Tumblr.  It's very sweet and girly, and I totally love it!

Dreaming of Spring

Products used:
The Body Shop extra virgin minerals creme foundation (105 rose ivory)
Too Faced shadow insurance
Geek Chic Cosmetics eye shadows: Princess in Distress, Tomboy Princess
Wet 'n Wild mega liner (black)
Maybelline bouncy blush (40 pink plum)
Revlon lip butter (creme brulee)

A word about this look: I made myself a challenge to create a LOTD and use all of my Geek Chic shadows.  Since I have so many Shiro samples, my GC ones hardly ever get touched.  Thus, this look was born.  It's sweet, simple, and perfect for the coming spring.  I think this look would be perfect paired with a pink maxi dress and sandals.  Can you tell I can't wait for spring? (!)



Now onto nails.  I won't usually do NOTD because I very rarely change up my nail polish.  I wear mine for about a week, remove it, then go bare until I'm in the mood to paint them again.  But I just recently did my nails with my absolute most favorite color ever by Essie.  I painted my nails in Lady Like and my accent nail is Fiji (also by Essie).  I should have just done all my nails with Lady Like because I feel that Fiji contrasts with it a little too much.  I'll keep that in mind for next time.


Thanks for giving these a look!  I have many blog posts coming soon, I promise!  Once I get caught up in my school work, blog posts will definitely become more regular.  Sadly, I did not complete the task this break that I really wanted to accomplish (swatch all my Shiro eye shadows) but I can do that another weekend I'm home.  Look forward to my future posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment